The group aims to fulfill the following functions in South Fylde (generally, post codes FY8 and PR4):-
- To care for, support, and, if possible, improve the lives of people with diabetes, their carers, families and friends.
- To provide literature and information which can help people come to terms and better understand their diabetes.
- To arrange talks by medical professionals followed by informal “question and answer” sessions.
- To provide companionship.
- To raise funds for diabetes research.
- To publicise diabetes in the local community, and campaign for the highest standards of care from GPs and the Local Area Health Authorities.